Anti-X 60 capsules
WHAT'S IN IT?
It may not be much to look at, but seaweed is full of bang and bash. Which is why ANTI-X contains AstaREAL L10 that's been extracted from a type of algae called Haemoatococcus pluvialis. And not just your average Haemoatococcus pluvialis; one that's been grown and flown by the world's premier micro-algae cultivator.
H. pluvialis isn't a slimy character. He's friendly. And dietary carotenoids love him. As sources of antioxidants, carotenoids help the body to maintain an optimal balance of antioxidants and oxidants. Think about it this way: if ANTI-X is the superhero, then carotenoids are his superpowers. ANTI-X contains these carotenoids:
- Beta-Carotene (Pro-Vitamin A)
We have faith in our superhero ANTI-X for many reasons, but mostly because he's believed to be the most concentrated source of natural Astaxanthin there is.
FACT: Astaxanthin is reported to have over 500 times more antioxidant activity than vitamin E, to be up to 10 times stronger than beta-carotene, and to be more powerful than alpha carotene and lycopene. BOOM!
How does it help?
Villainous UV exposure
UV light increases production of evil free radicals, increasing oxidative damage to lipids, eyes and skin. Astaxanthin may prevent damage caused by UV exposure.
Astaxanthin has well-documented anti-inflammatory effects. In conditions related to inflammation, Astaxanthin throws punches and softens the blows – scooping up damaging reactive oxygen species that are released by inflammation.
The immune system is sensitive, prone to oxidative stress and free radical damage. Astaxanthin swoops in to help strengthen it – promoting a healthier immune system.
ANTI-X's superpowers – lutein, zeaxanthin and Astaxanthin – act as the eye's personal guards, protecting against light-induced damage. For starters, Astaxanthin can cross the blood brain barrier and take up positions in the retina. This is thought to promote eye health maintenance, and studies show that Astaxanthin may actually improve visual sharpness and relieve eye strain.
Tricky reactive oxygen species are believed to be behind some of the ageing process. Astaxanthin has been known to help cells survive the fight against oxidative stress, protect them against a decline in membrane function and guard mitochondria. Carotenoids, with antioxidant properties, are known for their ability to fight ageing.
WHAT MAKES ANTI-X THE REAL THING?
- Only the best will do: We source the highest quality astaxanthin extract available.
- No bad guy entry: We don't add colourants, herbicides, pesticides or flavourants.
- Protective preservatives: The only preservative with a free pass is Vitamin E, because it prevents natural oils from spoiling.
- Meticulously manufactured: ANTI-X is made overseas in Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) & Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point (HACCP) facilities.
- Quality-guaranteed graduates: ANTI-X's final examination ensures that it's non-irradiated and free of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs).
Don't take ANTI-X if you're allergic or hypersensitive to:
- Haematococcus pluvialis algae,
- Astaxanthin, lutein, betacarotene or related carotenoids, or
- Vitamin E.
Speak to your doctor before taking ANTI-X if you:
- are pregnant or breast-feeding (in these cases, safety is not established, so use cautiously or avoid),
- have a bleeding disorder,
- have problems with blood sugar or blood pressure,
- have hormone disorders, or
- have an auto-immune disorder or are using immune-suppressants.
Astaxanthin is generally well-tolerated but could:
- lower blood sugar levels,
- lower blood pressure,
- affect bleeding,
- cause diarrhea,
- incite dizziness, or
- create pain in joints.
If you experience changes in vision, discontinue use. Don't be shy. If you notice any worrying side effects, speak to your doctor, pharmacist or other health care professional.
HOW TO TAKE ANTI-X
Important: Supplements should not replace a healthy, balanced and varied diet.
Adults over 18 years of age: Take 2 capsules daily with food.
Don't use more than the recommended dose, unless under the guidance of your doctor. In general, speak to a doctor or pharmacist before taking any supplement.
If you accidentally take more ANTI-X than you should, stop taking it and re-start at the recommended dose a week later. In the event of over-dosage, consult your doctor or pharmacist. If that's not possible, seek help at your nearest hospital.