Digestive Aid 90 Capsules
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), abdominal bloating / intestinal gas e.g. candida, nausea, poor digestion/insufficient digestive enzyme output, anti-inflammatory / anti-spasmodic effects on GI tract, anti-ulcer, anti-microbial, anti-odour i.e. helps deodorise the intestinal tract. Digestive enzyme supplementation also offers benefit in cases of stress, as normal enzyme secretion is impaired by the influence of stress hormones.
- Anti-emetic (anti-nausea) –e.g. beneficial in motion sickness, vertigo
- Anti-ulcer – prevents gastric mucosal damage.
- Anti-inflammatory – inhibits arachidonic acid metabolism i.e. cyclooxygenase and
- lipoxygenase, both inflammatory prostaglandins.
- Analgesic – shown to inhibit the release of substance P a key marker in pain response
- Digestive tonic/Anti-spasmodic – ginger improves gastric motility and soothes digestive
- function, reducing spasm and inhibiting diarrhoea. Thermogenic properties – ginger is noted for its warming properties and may offer benefit in a number of circulatory disorders.
- Carminative – peppermint promotes the elimination of intestinal gas, through (it is believed) relaxation of the oesophageal sphincter, leading to released gas pressure in the stomach.
- Anti-spasmodic – it is hypothesised that the clinical effectiveness of peppermint in the
- treatment of IBS results from the inhibition of the hypercontractility of intestinal smooth muscle, thereby returning normal muscle tone.
- Choleretic – peppermint stimulates the flow and solubility of bile, offering benefits in cases of gallstones.
Directions: As a food supplement, take one to three capsules daily. Each capsule should be taken 30 minutes before food. Or taken as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
One capsule provides:
|Ginger root powder||75mg|
|Peppermint leaf powder||75mg|
|Protease (140 cpu/g)||15mg|
|Amyloglucosidase (240 u/g)||10mg|
|in a base of alfalfa, spirulina and bilberry|
To claim form Medical Aid: NAPPI CODE: 712275002